To avoid the risk of fire or damage, MIXMY Refills must only be used in a MIXMY glass container.
Glass Care & Reuse
To prepare your MIXMY glass ready for reuse, place the glass in the freezer for at least an hour until the residual wax becomes brittle, then push one side of the residual wax pool to release the wick and wax from the glass in one piece and discard.
Clean the glass using warm, soapy water and a soft cloth. Harsh cleaning products should not be used.
Important: DO NOT use cutlery or anything sharp to remove the wick or wax, and DO NOT use anything abrasive to clean the glass, as this can mark the internal decoration.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
- Prior to use, place the Refill in the freezer for at least an hour whilst still in its packaging.
- Place Refill in MIXMY glass and press down firmly so it sits below the rim.
- Burn long enough to allow all the surface wax to become liquid, usually between 2-4 hours.
- Maximum recommended burn time is 4 hours.
- To help prevent sooting, always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting.
- If soot should form on the inside of the glass, extinguish the flame, wait for the wax to solidify, then wipe clean using warm, soapy water.
- Avoid using anything sharp or abrasive inside the glass as this can mark the internal decoration.
- If the wick should move, carefully move it back to a central position when the flame has been extinguished and the wax is still liquid.
- Mycelium holders will completely decompose within approximately 45 days when broken up into small pieces and composted or dug into the soil in the garden. It will start to biodegrade as soon as it is exposed to regular moisture.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
If storing before placing in the glass, store in a cool place, away from direct sunlight to prevent the wax from softening and misshaping.